Place of Rescue is a safe haven for families living with AIDS, orphan children and orphan grannies and young unmarried pregnant women.
Rescue was founded as a Cambodian NGO in 2003. At that time all we had were 15 houses for AIDS families.
Today Place of Rescue I near Bek Chan is home to 220 orphans and 25 destitute elderly women. In addition, we have 48 more children who are part of 22 families ( 22 mothers and 3 fathers ) living with AIDS.
In Phnom Penh 28 young people make their home at House of New Dreams, 15 are in university, 13 in grade 12.
Place of Rescue II located in Mongkol Borey, in northern Cambodia is home to 131 orphans.
In the province of Pailin, bordering Thailand, there are 45 children at Place of Rescue III.
As of April 2014, that makes Rescue totally responsible for 522 people cared for by a staff of more than 100 people.
January 2015 Praise and Prayer
Praise the Lord! 2014 was a good year for us!
1. The situation at Pailin is resolved.
2. We had wonderful Christmas celebrations at all three orphanages and at House of New Dreams.
3. The Cambodian Red Cross came on the day we celebrated Christmas at Place of Rescue I. bringing many gifts of food and money for everyone, and providing a wonderful meal.
4. Her Excellency Bun Rany presented Marie with a medal, the highest honour in Cambodia.
5. Several other organizations brought toys and food around Christmas time.
6. Our physical and spiritual needs are met and we are blessed with joy.
7. Visitors from other countries to see what God is doing here.
8. With the exception of one, all our students who failed grade 12 are continuing to study in Phnom Penh.
9. We have a good Cambodian nurse who cares for the sick children, AIDS families and Grannies.
Please pray with us:
1. Although we hired a few, we are still in need of many more staff members.
2. Three teenaged boys left Rescue recently, terminating their studies. Please pray that they will be kept safe as they begin a new life style.
3. One young lady from House of New Dreams also left and has gone to work in Thailand.
4. Two young people decided to become a couple and are now living and working in Phnom Penh. They will register their marriage now and then later we will be celebrating with a marriage ceremony and feast at Place of Rescue with all the children and adults.
5. The students at House of New Dreams need wisdom and guidance in how to spend their time. Most are working as well as studying. Our staff need wisdom in advising them.
6. One of the two premature babies born last year seems to have neurological problems.
7. We long for all of our children to follow the Lord with all their hearts. When they misbehave the staff needs wisdom and authority from the Lord to help them.
8. We are looking to making some changes in staff responsibilities. May the Lord help us to make a smooth transition.