Place of Rescue is a safe haven for families living with AIDS, orphan children and orphan grannies and young unmarried pregnant women.
Rescue was founded as a Cambodian NGO in 2003. At that time all we had were 15 houses for AIDS families.
Today Place of Rescue I near Bek Chan is home to 220 orphans and 25 destitute elderly women. In addition, we have 48 more children who are part of 22 families ( 22 mothers and 3 fathers ) living with AIDS.
In Phnom Penh 28 young people make their home at House of New Dreams, 15 are in university, 13 in grade 12.
Place of Rescue II located in Mongkol Borey, in northern Cambodia is home to 131 orphans.
In the province of Pailin, bordering Thailand, there are 45 children at Place of Rescue III.
As of April 2014, that makes Rescue totally responsible for 522 people cared for by a staff of more than 100 people.
Praise the Lord
- Our Christmas celebrations were far beyond our expectations and the Lord was honoured.
- Prime Minister Hun Sen :
• getting our road paved
• approved opening Place of Rescue 4, south of Phnom Penh
• building us a high school building
• promised us a ton of rice each month
• promised us $750 each month
- In this lovely cool season our gardens are flourishing.
- We have enough funding for January.
- The new director at Place of Rescue 3 in Pailin, Kosol Ek Chan, is doing a good job.
- The new office manager, Bunly Bo and my assistant, Sok Hang, are doing good as well.
- Jesus has healed our children’s hearts and for the most part, our children and young people love Jesus and are not causing any trouble.
- We are in a partnership with New Life Fellowship to care for our university students in Phnom Penh and the young people are happy and growing in their relationship with Jesus.
1. With the continued devaluation of the Canadian dollar funding will have to remain strong during upcoming months when normally it slows down.
2. I hope to do a fundraising tour in the U.S. in May. We need the Lord to set it all up as to where I could go. We are presently in the very beginning of planning.
3. May our high school and post high school students be constantly motivated to study hard and not skip Classes. May their teachers be committed to helping them succeed.
4. May everyone at all Places of Rescue have a good attitude of respect and submission to those over them.
5. Pray for Prime Minister Hun Sen and his wife, Her Excellency Bun Rany. May they seek the blessing and favour of Jesus. May they have His wisdom in the important decisions they make.
6. May their contacts with Place of Rescue continue to be on their minds and in their hearts and may they clearly understand why this place is what it is.
7. Our expatriate English teachers are a valuable asset. May they adjust easily to living here. Two new young women will be coming from Canada mid January to stay for three months.
We are raising rabbits for food. The newborn babies almost all die. Pray we might find our why.