Place of Rescue is a safe haven for families living with AIDS, orphan children and orphan grannies and young unmarried pregnant women.
Rescue was founded as a Cambodian NGO in 2003. At that time all we had were 15 houses for AIDS families.
Today Place of Rescue I near Bek Chan is home to 200 orphans and 28 destitute elderly women. In addition, we have 44 children who are part of families living with AIDS. The adults living with AIDS number 34 people.
In Phnom Penh 26 young people make their home at House of New Dreams or other studies.
Place of Rescue II located in Mongkol Borey, in northern Cambodia is home to 146 orphans.20 of whom are studying in university in Svay Sisapon
In the province of Pailin, bordering Thailand, there are 71 children at Place of Rescue III.
As of March 2016, that makes Rescue totally responsible for 549 people cared for by a staff of more than 100 people.A grand total of 649 people.
Praise the Lord:
- Most of our staff needs are either met or promised in the near future.
- A woman who has experience working with handicapped children will come take care of Somnang, our little girl with CP mid April.
- Contact has been made with the Prime Minister concerning the road which was to pass through our property and we are in high hopes it will not happen. Best of all the Lord Himself says, “Do not move an ancient boundary stone or encroach on the fields of the fatherless, for their Defender is strong; he will take up their case against you.
- Although Place of Rescue in Canada is only able to send us ¾ of our monthly budget amounts, the Lord is providing in other ways so we have enough. We will ALWAYS have enough.
- We received many thousands of articles of clothing, 4,000 packages of noodles and more than 1,000 tins of fish plus sundry items from Abundant Life International school in Phnom Penh and some supplies from Bayon grocery store.
- With the great generosity of Jeff Wilson of Sun Life, all three Places of Rescue will go to the beach April 8-9.
- I, Marie, had a complete medical check-up in Bangkok recently and am delighted to know that, in general, my health is very good.
- For the beach trip, that everyone will be safe and healthy and that there will be no incidences that we cannot easily handle.
- For some children who tend to skip school that they may realize how important their education is.
- For permission and funds to build a high school just for our own children and that it will be done by the time the students have to enter in fall.
- For a few children who steal that we might know who they are and that they may change their behavior.
- For wisdom, grace and love for the house mothers who have had to carry a heavier than normal load due to staff shortages.
- For new staff to easily fit in with integrity and joy.
- For the spiritual growth of all who live at Place of Rescue 1, 2 and 3 and at the university dorms.
- For Marie’s upcoming tour in Canada and the States. May she have the stamina and wisdom she needs.
May people clearly understand about Rescue and may the responses for prayer and funding be generous.
- For the Cambodianleadership of Rescue that they may have wisdom and guidance, health and strength always.
- For plans for the fall tour in Canada with the dancers, that the dancers will be well prepared.
See How They Grow in God